Please see the original post and his blog here - http://ineedcoffee.com/brewing-coffee-coffee-sock/
I don’t go camping, but if I did this would be an ideal brewing method for someone wishing to keep their pack weight down. But you don’t need to step outside to use the brewer. I’ve been brewing with it in my own kitchen.
I found the coffee tasted closest to the Clever Dripper or a cleaner french press.
#1 Place Coffee Sock into Mug
#2 Add Ground Coffee
I use a kitchen scale, but you could just follow this basic rule.
- A 12 ounce mug of coffee is 340 grams.
- Divide 340 by 17 and you get 20 grams of coffee.
- That little scoop that comes in a can of coffee holds 10 grams.
- So 2 scoops per 12 ounce mug.
- If you have a 16 ounce mug, add another 1/2 a scoop.
- If you have an 8 ounce mug, subtract 1/2 a scoop.
#3 Add Hot Water
#4 Wait About 3 Minutes
#5 Remove the Sock Filter and Serve
#6 Clean Up
Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle – If you don’t have an electric kettle, this is an excellent model.
Disclosure: INeedCoffee received a Coffee Sock for this tutorial.